Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Christian family

I remember as an outsider I used to look upon this behaviour as "exclusivist"...now I'm on the other side I realise there is a real need for every Christian to have one. I'm not sure why not everyone can see God or has a God awareness. Maybe it is that thing that people throw around that "receiving a calling" business, as faith is definitely a gift which seems to only be given to a chosen group, or maybe it is only given to people that knocked. Maybe this atmosphere for the year can be explained by that thought that whatever you find yourself doing on the first day of a New Year, that's what characterizes the entire year to come...

On January 1 I was at a nunnery for the first time....amongst a whole bunch of pure uncorrupted spirit...blessed by the Grace of God. These are the only people I feel drawn to lately-cos other people just don't "get it"... so I'm happier in the company of the animals and the plants and the Earth...

Lately most people feel like draining buzz...I guess the losing touch with normal society thing....at least that is something that has always been fairly familiar, lol...


3 comments:

JJ said...

We could have a great conversation about this. If ever I get the money and opportunity, could you manage coffee at Sydney airport?

Zz... said...

for sure!!! i'll shout you lunch but hopefully somewhere nicer than the AIRPORT....hi tech places with too many electronics are not for me...alfresco meal by the beach can do :)

I seem to get the feeling that a long time ago you were Christian and then something happened to make you fall away...for me personally...God is like the refuge and I'm the homing pigeon...it's when I fall away that problems always inevitable arise...

even if I look around...the people that glow and are so blessed and resilient...their secret seems to be God.

JJ said...

Ah, here begins the conversation... But it's one of those types of conversation that needs maximum mutual understanding - the sort the written word can't manage.

So, how about the airport car park instead? I don't really want to go any nearer to Sydney than that! That's if ever I have the money and oppportunity. Which isn't very likely. Pity really, I think we'd get on famously. No pressures, you see.