Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Little Bubble

One good friend is better than a mass of crap ones...thus Miss Piggy and Kermit, Smurf and Smurfette, Cowboy and CitySlicker. Not lacking problematic issues by ANY MEANS but all the chosen cheer and good humour ping pong reverberates and amplifies nicely :D For that I am thankful. In an era of such negativity and negative people, it's good that some people can still laugh and smile.

On some trivial random notes...cos I love my signature random trivial musings:

after having not touched a Tim Tam in a significant period...I can honestly say that just one makes me feel like my mouth and teeth are rotting a thousand times over-eeek!

The other thing that I found disagreeable today was finding my hedges all TOTALLED by some icky little systemic bug that makes ugly bulbous infectious looking pustules all over the leaves...what a dilemma to CHEMICALLY SPRAY OR NOT TO SPRAY and let nature be nature? yuck yuck yuck.

One thing that is making me sadistically giggle somewhat is how much single men and single women seem to despise and detest and treat each other badly as a whole...I just find it so ironic that for the most part the two want to be so much together yet can't help but be poles and poles apart like magnetic repulsion. I am glad to not be part of the scene...

I'm finding myself wondering, wanting to know more about Rudolf Steiner...I must remember to borrow a book to read more about his life...

Another thought today was that LIFE IS....how would YOU complete this sentence?

For me it goes like this...LIFE IS....ONE NEVER ENDING TO-DO LIST!!! I think the only way to make peace with the unfinishable is to just be happy to say aim to cross five things off the list that is constantly dynamically burgeoning with new things each day...cos otherwise...there just never IS enough time! I was calculating the hours I clock up attempting to keep my house in check and i was thinking sheesh....even being a so-so "housewife" is a seriously full time job!

7 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

it *is* a full-time job. But I'm glad when I have fun projects to entertain me. Breaks up the monotony of chores that only stay done half a second (you know?). I mean who wants to do laundry ALL day? not I.
Been feeling rather home-maker-y myself lately. It's kind of fun... And I plan on volunteering at my kids' school this year - that should be entertaining.. (yes, I'm following my son to school).....

Franko Gnedo said...

I think your view of that "bug" and the changes he/she makes to the leaves is derived from a societal prejudice that is unreasonable to the "bug". That "bug" is just trying to live. Too consider using chemical warfare on that "bug" just because living his life causes the appearance of a leaf to change in way that you perceive to be "ugly" is unreasonable to the "bug" in the extreme! and it is also not reasonable to the "bug" to refer to contemplating such action as "trivial" when it may result in a slow and painful death to him and all his friends and family as well as uncountable numbers of other "bugs"!

In way too many ways my life is also like a never ending to-do list. But i would like to change that (don't know how yet) rather than just attempting to cope with it by aiming to cross off just 5 things a day.

Zz... said...

FG who knew you were such a BUG LOVER lol i guess you are a buddhist, lol...

on the FLIPSIDE though...isn't the hedge entitled to a nice healthy life rather than being eaten from the inside out by opportunistic parasites?

I like the 5 things a day...just cos it's...consistently MANAGEABLE lol...when you work out something better, let me in on it!!!

Zz... said...

HO, now it's your turn to make your own shoes...I can assure you it's a *FUN* project hahaha

Franko Gnedo said...

You are right I completely overlooked the hedge!! From the hedges perspective the bug is a terrible Leparacy. The hedge would believe it too be ridiculously politically correct to protect the life of the Leparacy disease on the basis that it also has a right to life.

mmmmm so treating the "bug" and the "hedge" as equals what would be the logical decision to make on whether you should go to war with the bug? I was going to say you should let nature take its course just like you should not save an antelope from a lion in the wild. but then i thought, hang on, there is 3rd living thing in this situation, which is you, and you don'want the bug to harm the hedge. So i do not know the answer to this dilemma, except to say do not use chemical warfare, even the humans have banned it!

Zz... said...

FG, sure I am...people forget PLANTS are living beings too! It's a democracy so I think the bug gets outvoted 2:1. Also...I don't like beings which take advantage of and decimate others in order to survive...and are so greedy that they don't just take one but as many as they can eat...

I'm not a fan of spray but the handyman seems to want to rogor them...

Franko Gnedo said...

I would'nt give you a full vote because your interest is not life and death but yes the hedge still wins but maybe 1.01:1.

we take more than we can eat and also all life relies on eating other life (although that life may have already died) to live. All living things have different ways to stay alive. This bug did not choose his way which actually is quite amazing. You try living off a hedge.

also it is a tree not a hedge. It is only a hedge because you cut its limbs and leaves so that is has an appearance that pleases you. is what the bug is doing to the hedge so much worse?