Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's 1:23am and...

I'm BORED OUT OF MY BRAIN! (this very rarely happens). I'm waiting for my hair to dry.

Had a great yoga session tonight (first I've managed in 3 weeks but apart from that...blergh....the daily grind is just getting too mundane....cramming, cramming, cramming. I think it only struck me how sucky my current routine existence is after I managed to see REAL LIVE friends(by accident) and realised it is actually fun having these :p...and when a friend pointed out that basically our existence revolves around 1)study and 2)making sure we don't fail. That reductionist view of our lives has festered into discontent...and if I wasn't so overcommitted time wise I would be so tempted to just select some random date in some random drop down menu and just take some random trip...somewhere. I think I can be a bit of a demanding excitement junkie when my life is not packed to the rafters...Need so much mental stimulation...

I also found out that this year's breaks are my last "holiday" periods before I enter the working world, which for our field means no real holidays again...hmmm, so tempted to actually take a proper trip....hmmm maybe I'm just feeling envy that the folks are in the other hemisphere, with my sister just returned and my other sister due to go in October. That just leaves me the sole non-jetsetter in our family :( oh well at least there are less than 12 hours before I get to see my mate D from Japan and we're going to stuff our faces over yum cha...so that will be at least some "event" in my mundane existence...

5 comments:

MyAlterEgo said...

"no real holidays again"? Really? What makes you say that? Except for having to earn a living (which I know can be REALLY hard in said chosen field), can you not go on holiday anytime you want?
Guess it depends on where you plan on working. My understanding is that most folks end up running their own business (a pain in the butt), but doesn't that mean setting your own holidays?? (hmm.. paying for them too).
Ahh..
About telling your married student friend what to do with her time, *some of those things are easier said than done! (but I have my most recent acupuncturist to thank (or blame) for our most recent addition) [ahem - I'm just saying the herbs and treatment set my cycle right].
Hey - you Could be listening to 5 children playing, whining, and crying on your front porch, interrupting your all-important *blog* pursuits.! ;-)

HappyOrganist said...

I HATE computers sometimes. you click a link, and you're logged in as someone else (not really 'another' identity) - but still - so annoying to post and have it under my other name. And to only catch it after the fact (that's 2 brain cells left after 3 kids!). ;-P
(Joylin, for anyone who didn't catch that)

You should go back to bed, Zhen. (or is it morning now there?)

Zz... said...

yeah the thing is you can't ever really take a proper break especially when you start out because you can't leave your patients too long and if you send them to someone else they probably won't come back unless you have an established relationship with them!

hehe, yeah TCM is amazing for making babies!!! many a skeptic has been changed after it got them pregnant!!!

haha no...I just like to advise others who are so inclined...I already know having 5 children permanently committed to me is PLAIN WRONG!!! Much Kudos to brave women like yourself though Joylin! ;)

HappyOrganist said...

probably won't come back, eh..
hmm.. I don't know. I mean, the gal we saw was downright condescending at times - and I sure had a hard time leaving her. And we came back, too. (after leaving). oh.. well. Maybe if you're as Pretty as she was (or old).. which you're not. (not as old, I mean. you could be as pretty - or even better looking than she is)
Well, good luck!
hahahahah

It's amazing.. I'm just amazed at how freakin' smitten I was from the first darned second I saw her. That whole first appointment. holy cow. I can't believe it.
Don'T send your patients home with food from your own pantry! Don't be sweet.. don't ever use the word "cure" (that is just asking for trouble, let me tell ya).
And not to keep rambling - but NEW patients (people who have NEVER ever had acupuncture before or had any experience with TCM before)..
Well, it all looks like magic (outside looking in - especially for someone like myself). So you might have those people just tripping over themselves elated to see you, and enamored (simply by the newness of the OM experience).
YOU might have a lot to look forward to!
hehehe

Unknown said...

TBay is pretty random. I would ask you to come visit here but I wont subject you to this dump

P, keep your TCM away from me then! No babies! ;)