Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Life's Big Questions: Am I a Banana or an Egg?

I'm definitely some kind of yellow varietal outside but am I white or yellow inside? I think my values and interests are more "western" but I understand or better understand Asians and I've noticed they tend to be drawn to me as a bit of "comfort" perhaps cos I am the kind of fencesitter that can actually bridge the cultural gap somewhat...

Growing up my first 15 years were very anglo - the last 15 or so I'd say was opposite, especially in terms of friends.

I don't know why I always feel the need to fit into a box on this issue since my life is testimony to the fact that I don't ever fit in any kind of "box" well anyway!

Anyway that was just my random thought too early this morning. I feel half crazy cos I'm so tired...I think cumulatively I've had 8 hours sleep the past 2 days and have really been stretched in terms of physical/mental energy demands. So I feel kinda trashed but my blog is a good "unwind" while I wait for my beans to steam...literally haha :) and then I'm going to take a much needed nap before I get stuck into the books...all these crazy sleeping hours- can't be very healthy! :p

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are just you. Fruit salad :)

miruspeg said...

Banana or Egg interesting concept Macs because bananas are yellow on the outside and off white on the inside. Eggs are white on the outside and yellow on the inside.

Sometimes bananas are black or purple and eggs are brown.

Where is this leading, I am sure you know. Colour doesn't matter...EXCEPT for my grey hair, I don't like it so I colour it!!

I don't fit into any box, never have, never will. I am a rebel with a cause. Used to be a rebel without a cause, but a few years ago I found one....you know spread light and love around the universe.

I am reading a great book at the moment about a dog and an autistic kid so I will bid you goodnight.

Pleasant dreams.
Pegs

HappyOrganist said...

Pegs, How can you not like gray hair?

MsCh, Sight unseen, I would vote banana. ;-P
(I would say something more profound, but this is neither the time nor place). ;-) I'll save that for scribblings on my own pages.
Go catch up on sleep! (I got up at noon today, I don't think I've felt better all week). [I have great kids] !

caroline said...

LOL...

I have been away far too long! Boy have I missed you! Not intentional...my recent (and final!!!) blog move has been a bit turbulent to say the least. Just trying to get all my eggs (you included) into my basket. Now get some sleep! XOXO

Anonymous said...

I'm with Peggy on the grey hair issue - gotta dye it. But you know Ms CL, you may have hit upon one of your 'purposes' in life - perhaps to act as a bridge. You can see both sides and perhaps lead the way for mutual understanding. (No small task).

Unknown said...

Banana and egg are two extremes. I don't think its that simple for people like us. I think of us as scrambled eggs :) Its all mixed up and mashed up together. We vary along the continuum somewhere.

koala brains said...

LOL - I have thought the same thing. Have you ever seen Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle? Total burnout stupid movie but it had its moments. Harold, the Asian guy, referred to himself as a twinkie (do you have those in Aus? They are yellow cakes on the outside w/ white cream filling on the inside and the joke is they have a shelf life of a gazillion years) and it cracked me up. I had never heard that - nor banana or egg. I'm a twinkie and hopefully my shelf life is like it! ;)