Friday, May 8, 2009

Lessons for the naive: an 'epiphany' moment

I feel really naive. A young girlfriend said something very matter of factly to me which was a bit of an 'epiphany' moment...

"Don't just think when a guy asks you to dinner it's cos he's hungry."

WHAT?!!

LOL Suddenly I thought back through all the times my love of food and one on one company may have been misinterpreted....how embarrassing! She then proceeded to educate me on normal and appropriate gender boundaries and expectations...oops. I guess like one acquaintance once told me which blew my mind at the time..."I don't look at someone and see a man or woman...first and foremost when I look what I see is a person". I guess I'm a little like that- I think everyone is too sex obsessed and that it's pathological. I'M the normal one :) People my age here seem to think not being sex obsessed is 'asexual' so I use that term and now when I say it my friend always laughs and says "everytime you say that I think you're a fish!" Cool I'd be happy with that ;)

*Hmph. There seems to be no place for straight forward people in this world - who actually MEAN what they say :p Let me assure you, if I ever ask you to dinner, it's cos I actually AM hungry! lol

In other news I'm kinda "up shit creek" cos I left everything to the last minute - have so much due this week, worth ALOT and not yet started! But honestly I was so burnt out- yesterday was great took the whole day off doing NADA at the beach - was an absolutely awesome way to 'waste' a day and the weather was...perfect! :-D

5 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

Maybe all those 'sex obsessed' people just have a (kidney?) imbalance. You should just take a needle and--
nah
Good luck studying!

HappyOrganist said...

All you *naive people I will never understand....

Anonymous said...

Hee heee!

Unknown said...

Im a very naive person too. People sometimes have to point things out to me that are blantantly obvious to everyone else. I think people are "just hungry" too!

Asianmommy said...

That's an interesting perspective. If I'm hungry, I'll just go grab something to eat by myself. If I ask someone to dinner, it's because I want to enjoy their company.