Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Three Key words

The Year started off with it being "BALANCE" - I feel I've done reasonably okay with incorporating more possible balance into my life within the strict confines of my student lifestyle, (almost slacking off and doing whatever I feel like that is enjoyable to a fault!)

The other word that has been a big one for me has been FREEDOM. Especially in terms of being able to exercise personal autonomy and not being so shackled to responsibilities to other people. I've definitely learnt about the right to uphold some boundaries.

And finally the one that is most tantalizing at the moment which I am still struggling to find in higher dosage is EQUALITY. I'm still thinking about just what this means to me exactly but all I know is that I'm happiest with as much as possible!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh. My word was courage and you reminded me that I havent done anything too courageous lately.

I am all about equality too. I actually wanted to get a tattoo about it, just don't know how to depict it in a cool way

HappyOrganist said...

I'm starting to think 'balance' is like the word 'normal.' What does that mean anyway? ???

heheh

miruspeg said...

As you know my year started off with focusing on the word BALANCE.
Nearly half way through the year I need help so I have added DESIRE and PERSISTENCE. They are already helping a great deal because they are running through my head all day! I keep reminding myself if you desire a beautiful garden, go out and mow the lawn!

Equality is an interesting word.
Now there is Gender Equality and Social Equality and probably other ones as well.
Both equality and inequality are complex concepts...trust you Macs to pick this word to focus on.

:-)
Peggy

Zz... said...

Shan did you ever get the no harm one on your neck? Letting someone cause pain like that to your body voluntarily is courageous in itself...take it from me I'm the biggest chicken!

HappyOrganist...well maybe normal is 2.5 kids-these days more like 1...cos you have 3 and you're only 30 I guess you're immediately disqualified already...too bad! LOL

Pegs...LOL "desire" is easy!...usually comes hand in hand with "temptation" for me...but yep I definitely need to take on "Persistence" which comes hand in hand with that challenging word "Discipline". If I were you I'd just get a local boy to mow the lawn for pocket money...maybe you can trade for wonderful baked goods and a nominal payment or something like that...

I guess "equality" means a lot cos all I grew up to know about was "hierarchy" :p