Monday, May 11, 2009

Sinking to all new lows...

I'm too tired to stress...I'll deal with it...tomorrow.

And I'm pretty sure after a 12 hour stint I'll be too exhausted to deal with it tomorrow as well.

So for the moment I'll just document my latest "cheat cooking" which has become a favourite game-challenge with myself. This latest episode is called "The Malaysian does "laksa" in 30 minutes...

This one turned out pretty tasty- and was inspired by feeling so weak (so thinking I could use some coconut(a qi tonic) in me...

Ingredients as follows:
in oil fry off half an onion or more chopped with a smashed clove of garlic or more(I take the garlic pieces out after infusing the oil) add 2-3 heaped tablespoons of Malaysian curry powder Ayam brand, 1 big squeeze of lemon grass from a tube in the fridge and a chopped tomato and a little water.
Then I add,
2 or more organic chicken drumsticks
750ml or more of liquid chicken or vegetable stock
some veggies: I used chopped french green beans, okra, carrot, zucchini.
Tofu puffs
Simmer with some chopped fresh coriander
Add small tin of coconut cream and briefly simmer.

Pour on some thin rice vermicelli...voila, now there's a tasty meal :D

p.s Shan...if you haven't discovered fried tofu puffs they're delicious! (asian store...) also fresh mung bean sprouts over the curry broth are really nice too. This laksa would work well meat free, maybe to be more filling you could put chopped potato.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

never heard of tofu puffs. I will have to look for them. There is a store in town that has a lot of imported asian food, so I will check there.
There is just something about the word mung beans that makes a person say YUM ;)

HappyOrganist said...

I heard somewhere that soy is EvIl, so I stay away from it.
heheheheh

HappyOrganist said...

MsChL, let me study your chinese for you!! You take care of a crying baby, do piles of laundry barely washed two days ago, and think of what's for dinner...
aye aye aye
Really - hand me that text your working on. ;-) !