Thursday, August 6, 2009

Latent City Malevolence...

Well in terms of luck today was like seeing the complete flip side of the coin compared to yesterday! Typical sine wave...

That's duality for you! LOL

Well I don't have time to detail everything so I'll just share the one main story that sent my stress levels skyrocketing today...interesting thing is my astrological calendear had warned it'd be a stressful one today! LOL

So anyway I needed to get cash out...but my local ATM was highly suspect eg I could totally jiggle the card holder part which was poking out a bit too much....skimmers! I thought I'd not take the risk...

So anyway I decided to just EFTPOS at the small grocery store instead...after a separate stressful incident involving a newbie operator who wasted my time for 40 minutes and then couldn't even refund me the money they'd taken off me for no service, I realised...SHITE! The rather large sum of cash I had EFTPOSed prior for my weekend away...well she'd never given me the cash!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! It's not like little grocery stores even have surveillance cameras...so if the operator had pocketed my cash that's buhbye and one big dent to my paltry savings!

In any case to cut a long story short I gave the shop a call...and spoke to the manager...she was very good. I think it happens quite a lot...the monotony of the day for the check out chicks numbs their brains...and the girl had forgotten...cos my hands had been tied and I'd been rushing around like a mad chook I hadn't noticed either that she'd given me my groceries but no cash!

ANYWAY....was stressful...lesson learnt...need to be more careful...not that I'm not but I get forgetful and scatterbrained especially when busy and tired...

When I headed back out to claim my cash back I took along Horace and it was very relaxing- there is just something about making black and white images that really benefits my psyche especially when my nerves have been shot!

Yes, I really DO NEED this weekend escape- but unfortunately I'm gonna have to drag study up with me too...next 2 weeks are pretty hectic for me- if anything I'm probably overdoing my capacity...in any case I don't mind lugging the study stuff as long as I get to commune with nature. :-D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yikes. And yeah be careful of those atm scammers. We get them a lot here too but they come from toronto and montreal

HappyOrganist said...

ooo - sine waves. that's cool.

miruspeg said...

Sounds like a stressful day and a huge time waster.

I'm off the Wyoming on Sunday for the day to visit a girlfriend.
Might see you around Macs, even though I don't know what you look like!!!

Hugs
Pegs

Zz... said...

Shannon, Canucks are such fun, I met one from Ottawa...between hassling Germans and Canucks, I have so much fun...lol Canucks always tick one of the obligatory boxes...this one was a CURLER! *LOL

haha HO - you ARE a nerd...yeah sine waves I love maths geeks :) but I refuse to join 'em cos my dad wanted me to be one...

Pegs...Wyoooming! hmmm I vaguely know of someone up there! Nice that you got out of the city too...