Friday, March 27, 2009

Newsflash: The Girl...SLEEPS!

Last night was the first I actually slept and awoke when the sun had risen for the first time since Last Thursday night!!! I don't ever remember having gone so long without being able to sleep-it's incredibly disorientating.

Sometimes, when you are completely drained...sucked dry, you need a bit of helping hand from someone with good energy reserves and spiritual clout - you know someone in God's inner circle with a huge army of angels in their "arsenal"? Suddenly, your prayers are a lot more immediately effective...

In any case not sure if it was the prayers or the unorthodox therapeutic approach of late night swearing that M engaged me in for his own amusement but it was FREAKING AWESOME to actually be able to sleep even if I still feel like I'm burning up and insides feeling icky from the potent brew.

With actual rest, I might actually be able to study for my huge exam Monday yet! THANKS MATEY and a certain Bishop del Portillo...

In other news due to being so completely exhausted I managed to lock myself out AGAIN(I'm starting to wonder if this is a birthday thing since James seems to have done this just as frequently in recent times too ;), this time with absolutely nothing on me...so I had to ask for help from a passing neighbour in the block to call for a spare key after he ascertained that no he could not climb into my apartment without risking serious injury(his idea not mine). So I ended up meeting my first authentic Chilean from Chile...and get this his name was Marx! (yes after Karl Marx) but actually he reminded me more of Groucho Marx LOL...

In another bit of good news...my easter break is looking good. A practitioner from the town I want to move to has agreed to take me in for some of my practicum and killing two birds with one stone I get a nice break out of the city too! In true out of city style she even said I could stay at her place for that time even though I'm a totally random stranger...how nice and hospitable is that!!! So refreshing these non city folk- brought a big huge smile to my face :) Something I really needed to restore my faith in other people and general society lately...

No comments: