Monday, January 12, 2009

It's Been a Year.

Today culminated in a really looooong 300km 6 hour round trip to complete a "ritual" that started Friday. I happened to pass by my old town and felt a profound sense of Yearning... SOOOOO HOMESICK and SAD I couldn't still be there! But I felt better doing my trademark seaside walking meditation...walking along with the waves lapping my feet and sand squelching beneath my toes and ambient music in my ears with the sound of waves crashing in the background....is that Perfect Happiness or what?!!

In any case, Conclusion...

Attachment is Evil. As is Mushy Sentimentality. Blargh.

Tomorrow, a shorter trip, lunch and a class of Tai Chi with some uni friends...wow how refined is that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like a fun time. I can't walk along the shores of Lake superior and let the waves lap my feet right now or I would get frostbite and hypothermia. :)

I wish I was there!