Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This is Art: What are your thoughts?


So...I saw this image in the paper and it just instantly drew me in...I loved it!

What was your first reaction? What do you feel when you see this image?

I can see why some people might find it disturbing though. I found it strangely comforting, and it was so intriguing to me that I've already decided I need to see the real thing.
MAN it's so fun being able to have a life and being able to indulge all the things you love! For what remains of this week besides attend that exhibition, I've decided to attend an independent film screening, catch an arthouse movie, dinner(s) with friends, hang in a book store, hang in a music store and take Horace out for a spin...oh and squeeze in the beach and a dip on Sunday if I get the chance....
I LOVE LIFE!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you sure are busy with fun stuff!
I, meanwhile, am occupied for the next three weeks or so finishing my novel
I have a block that I am currently working out with some wine

And that art is freakin' creepy!

Zz... said...

lol wouldn't have picked you to get creeped out by it! I'll see if I can get a postcard of it at the exhibition for you...hehe ;)

good choice- I've missed my wine but I'll make up for it this weekend hopefully LOL

Caroline said...

My first thought was: "what is that weird Alf grandmother alien thing?"

I thought you took the picture.

It's not so comforting to me...but I like it because it gets me thinking...

Zz... said...

THAT'S IT! ALF GRANDMOTHER! that's probably why I like it- I was a huge fan of ALF when I was 8 or 9- I thought he was real!!!

Zz... said...

i think I also like this image because it speaks volumes about unconditional love- and the whole love knows no barriers thing...maybe it's cos I relate to the alien ;)

markymark2099 said...

im planning on beaching this sunday after dragon boating...wanna come? thought you wouldve left for the farm.

first thing I thought of was...is it alive...if so...kill it :P (joking...first thought was WTF!)

Unknown said...

Actually you know what it looks like???

"STATION" from Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey!!!

koala brains said...

I second Shanninigans - it's creepy!

Ariad said...

Beautiful. It's got the womanly curvesof a grandma and such a friendly face, so peaceful in sleep, and the fact that the little boy or was it a girl is hugging it so lovingly...I love it!

Oh, and have fun ms cherie;)

Anonymous said...

It has a bit of shock value (and I hate it when artists just try to shock), but as I look at it there is a real feeling of gentleness and positivity about the image. Very thought provoking - and literally embracing of abnormality. I love it in fact.

Zz... said...

haha Healingstones, you are SUCH an aquarian! The only person I was sure who wouldn't completely hate it was you!

Zz... said...

oh and ariad i thought might like it....hehe maybe there are some people I "get" after all! :)