Thursday, November 6, 2008

Zhen Lessons in Wisdom: 101

I can't believe it's taken me nearly 28 years to really be able to fully understand and adhere to this Basic Wisdom...I've been Such a Dumb Stupid Ass all these years!

Yesterday after feeling completely buggered for the 2nd day in a row and only having had 4 hours sleep and practically nothing to eat all day, I STILL made myself go to my usual Yoga class...even though I felt like complete shit...cos I had told this new chick last week that I'd be there.

Duh. No surprise that I was so dizzy, weak and unstable with muscles like intractable lead, it was a completely pointless exercise except that the term "death warmed over" came to mind. And...SHE didn't even turn up!

So...It finally hit me how stupid I always am....I've always been SO PREOCCUPIED with being 100 per cent reliable and doing what I say I'll do that I do completely non common sensical things like that...

So anyway after that I felt so crap I went to the nearest store bought dinner but was so tired I couldn't even digest it and it kept all wanting to come up. Then I had to lie down for 3 hours cos I was so exhausted I couldn't even stand up to take a shower.

So...moral of the story:
If your Body Tells you something...Listen To it!
(ESPECIALLY important if you suffer chronic illness but still always push yourself way too hard.)
Also don't be Slaves to Deadlines unless your life depends on it or Overcommit yourself to too many people or too many events and Jampack your schedule to the brim always a month in advance with no leeway for Do Nothing Rest/You time!
Whether it's your gut or your heart or your muscles, LISTEN:
Because Your Body Always Knows Best!

From today onwards this is what I need never forget...hence even though it's 430pm and convention dictates that it's not allowable, I only just reemerged from bed :) having done nothing all day but "recuperate". I feel a whole lot better already and and much more fresh and ready to get started on tackling the final hill before the mountain...

Have a good day...Cheers :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im a slave to the "30 days to write a novel" deadline

But it's coming along

markymark2099 said...

Yoga is cooool! Get better buddy!