Sunday, November 16, 2008

I can't wait to get out of this damn city.

Screw that, I'm not going to waste my money keeping a city pad in this city after all. I want to move FAR FAR AWAY- and if I feel the need for city conveniences I'll fly for a weekend or something and I'll rotate between cities cos frankly if there weren't friends and family here I'd rather spend weekends in any OTHER city- airfares are so affordable these days anyhow...

So I set out of the house thinking..."wow now I'm not burdened by studies I feel so calm, content, happy, comfortable, peaceful"...

It didn't last long.

It first started with being shoved and barged past with no apologies or excuse mes in one serious caterpillar inching crowd(I should have known better to avoid the festival crowds but hey this is my local area!)

It then followed with escaping the crowd by ducking into a shop and lining up to get a sandwich. The bad vibes dude behind me was so impatient and kept inching uncomfortably close so I could feel his angry breath on my neck so I moved to the side a little - the f*kng a-hole(F.A) took that as a sign to move ahead of me and take my rightful place in the queue. Before it even entered my mind that these days you can't even be assertive because you're likely to get bashed up or stabbed these days when trying to seek just conditions, then the woman behind the F.A decided it was Her right to shove ahead as well. UNBELIEVABLE. I know for a fact this does not happen in more civilised locations...people actually ask if you are in the queue if they're going to do that.

So no doubt when I was carrying bags and bags of groceries which I had put down to unlock the common door and I stepped aside to let a neighbour through first but he held the door for me...I was honestly shocked and let out a really shocked "Ohhhh, thanks!"

The immediate city environment in Sydney is an ugly place because of the inconsiderate people in it...once you've lived out of the city and realised how much nicer places where actual Nice and more civilised beings exist...you can never see the city in the same light again let alone find it easy/enjoyable to live here especially with such daily occurrences....and also, your standards and expectations of yourself and the rest of humankind have transformed to exist on a higher plane.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know - I get so surprised when strangers show courtesy, such as motorists giving way to me (as a pedestrian), and people holding doors for me...