Monday, September 26, 2011

Coming Home

It's been an intense day, quite profound actually. I doubt I'll forget today's events even next week, next month, next year...yes it was pretty....right to my core.

In any case tomorrow somewhat out of the blue I am seeing an old friend. Someone who was to me like the warm mug of milo in front of the fireplace on a cold winter's day...but such meetings are always met with some degree of anxiety...time has unpredictable impacts on people...some people you don't see for 10 years and NOTHING has changed about your interpersonal dynamic- you get along as if not a day passed thick as thieves...some people in the space of a few months transition into something altogether unfamiliar...that is kind of uncomfortable but potentially healthier?

It's only been a short time but I literally feel as if we last met many lifetimes ago...today I feel about 100 years old...literally.

2 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

ah, your posts that leave one wondering "what IS that girl talking about ? ^^"

JJ said...

Interpersonal dynamics rarely stand the test of time with me. I'm usually the one on whom time has had an unpredictable impact. I suppose it's why I have no old friends. Always moving on.