Friday, January 29, 2010

Too Many Cords.

That's something a Kinesiologist told me last year. I have way too many cords to other people. And I think that's just cos I have way too many people in and out of my life with a miserable ability to let any go...that makes the environment rather...unsettling.

A girlfriend of mine with a kid who is getting divorced famously declared to me recently: "I'm not ever going to have any serious relationships again".

At the ripe old age of 27, I couldn't believe she was serious: "Why"? I questioned back. "Cos I don't want people in and out of my child's life."

Clever Girl.

I find it quite ironic: this hermit needs to stop being such a social whore! LOL. Too many connections is just...Draining, especially when you're no longer a teenager :p

I need to learn to Cut Cut Cords!

1 comment:

Dina Roberts said...

I've had (and have) a lot of people coming in and out of my life too.
I think I'm fairly okay at cutting the cord, although every so often, I'll miss someone.

I think things like Facebook make it hard. Sometimes I'll become Facebook "Friends" with someone. I'll get excited about reconnecting. My feelings for them will be rekindled. Then it ends up they don't do much interacting, and I never really talk to them.