Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Time Poor, Time Rich

I'm just wondering, if in the entire history of the world, whether people ever found themselves idle with not a whole lot to do....we keep attributing it to modern society, but actually when you think that people used to have to collect their own food, start fires, gather water, cook etc etc, I doubt it!! Except for Royalty perhaps. I think when you are a kid with such a luxury of plenty of idle time, it is parental responsibility to give you advance warning to make the most of it cos such utopian situations do not last...once you're not a kid and no longer living with someone else to do stuff for you...there just IS no time left in the day...no wonder people make such crap friends...the individual barely can find enough time for themselves!

Next time if I feel bored I need to go just check out my massively long TO DO list which I can never get on top of! However when you're just completely ZONKED you just have to cede and throw away your TO DO list for another day...

Damn plant babies ;) I think I got so greedy and belly fuelled I didn't realise how many different edibles I am actually producing!

3 comments:

markymark2099 said...

I don't have a to do list, that's the J portion of your Myers Briggs personality coming through : p

Franko Gnedo said...

grow more that you need and do not spend much time protecting them. allow some to die and some to be eaten.

Yes I think we have always been busy and we are continuously learning to get "more" done in the time we have. But we should try to do less and make idle time.

Having said that I find myself often saying to my kids "stop watching tv or playing on the computer go outside and light a fire or something."

Zz... said...

M the reason why you don't is cos WORK has always controlled your life...everything else to the cashed up bachelor with cleaner, maid etc is "non essential", lol...

FG I need a cheaper not so close to major rip off city plot of land in order to have space to grow more than I need...besides I eat ALOT of fresh produce...almost have more compost then I know what to do with!!! I'd tell your kids to go outside and get some sun too...I remember when I was around 19 or 20 and not so antikids(ie before I had too many around me) I remember telling my mum if I had kids Kangaroo island would be a good place to raise them cos they won't be so corrupted by all the too many toys computer addicted spoilt brats in the city esp cos there isn't much else to do but go outside and enjoy nature! I would have made a Hippie parent :)