Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fingers Crossed...Z bakes!

So I opened the recipe book started for high school cooking class which frankly I haven't opened in YEARS.

Had a slightly bad feeling when most of the mixture stuck to my hands and had to be washed off...Even worse though a really niggling feeling developed that my sister (model homemaker extraordinaire-yes sisters can be NOTHING alike!) and I have different measurement abbreviations...hence that perhaps my baking creation may end up tasting like soap...For some reason at this point I could have done the sensible thing and given her a call to check...but...NEEEEH. I guess I am such a chicken shit in most matters of life that in domestic matters that are seemingly trivial to me such as cooking I like the suspense and adrenalin rush-lol- of being an experimental "daredevil", and besides I am CRAP at fitting into all sorts of rule frameworks let alone following recipe instructions to the detail. Anyway my little creations are cooling down. I will let you know if I end up with a mouth full of soap for dessert(!)


No comments: