Friday, September 25, 2009

Why is it most girls strike me as BIMBOS?

So. I'm sitting here procrastinating. I don't feel like leaving the house. I was supposed to meet a bunch of girls 20 minutes ago...

This is my typical antisocial behaviour when I've had enough social contact for the week...

So I sit here listening to explosions in the sky procrastinating...

Some excerpts of conversations that have led up to tonight(one of my gfs is leaving)...

Me: Can I rock up in jeans and thongs?
Her: Can't you just dress properly, for once??! (sigh of exasperation).
Me: So can I?

Her other girlfriend: Come on, you gotta dress up we're all dressing up! (okay maybe I imagined the *squeal* that followed)
Me: I can't I only own normal clothes or work clothes.
Her other girlfriend: (sigh of indignation) Go get yourself some clothes!!!

Girrrrls...(roll my eyes).

5 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

you're so cute. Don't you have normal friends - ones that don't make you dress up? My friends don't ask me to dress up. We get along great.

Zz... said...

it's kind of inevitable in this city- all the other non-conformists managed to defect overseas quite some time ago...

p.s the sad part is these are the "normal" friends!!! that is "normal" here.

HappyOrganist said...

well if I wasn't becoming such a big advocate of birth-control lately, I would recommend you get married and have fun raising kids (and hanging out with married people). This might be one of the reasons *my friends don't ask me to dress up. We are mostly all moms. When we "go out" it's to go to some elementary school function or something like that. Great fun.
I can imagine why single folks prefer to 'dress up' more (for a night on the town and what have you).

Although.. Now that I think about it, even my college friends didn't do that too often. Again, just sweats, and a party trip to the grocery store.
There's nothing like loading up a group of 5 college friends in a car to do some grocery shopping together.
And now that I think about it, half of those were Asian chicks. I had the cutest roommate. She was so cute. She's from Taiwan. Tried to teach me Mandarin once. didn't work.
I really wish I could look her up, though.

Zz... said...

LOL, grocery shopping?!!! I LOOOOVE grocery shopping! sounds like fun-count me in!!!

nope I don't think getting married and raising kids is a relevant current solution :P

I think maybe I should go hang out with some grannies :)

HappyOrganist said...

oh, we finally found something in common. who knew?