Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vices...

I NEED to give up chocolate- it's so bad for me yet I HOARD it and not only that, I don't just get the cheap stuff...the other day I went out and bought more even though I still have a lot in the cupboard and I'm supposed to be giving up...

I spend way too much of my little precious spare time on the internet in addition to necessity, to the detriment of my body, especially my sore tired red dry eyes and blurry vision - deprived of sufficient rest...

WHY??!

And I love icecream but actually I'm allergic to milk and would be much better off to give dairy a miss...

What are the vices that you find are so hard to give up? Even though in your reasonable mind you know once you do, you'll feel much better!

On another note, lots of people around me seem to be on some crazy diet with the vegan-vegetarian movement leading the way...I've started moving this way again...my latest favourite food fad is sprouted beans....mmmm and they make your insides feel so good after- I think they have a very alkaline effect on the body...

9 comments:

CHESS FOR ROSHI said...

Instead of giving up vices, how about giving up the idea that you and the cosmos are two different things? In the meantime, please try Coconut Bliss: coconut milk ice cream: non-dairy, better than ice cream.

markymark2099 said...

Chips and Maccas for me :)

Unknown said...

vegan/vegetarianism isn't a crazy diet...

But the odd vice is good for you. Except maybe the milk. I love ice cream too but it makes my stomach hurt so bad when I eat it

Zz... said...

chess for roshi,

Ohhh it's not fair to boggle my tired brain with such questions! LOL Great food for thought :)

I love your blog by the way- Chess and Zen, a very intriguing combination...and I like chess & chinese chess and need to investigate GO- I will actively take these up when I have spare brain cells again.

I think Coconut milk icecream is very rich...not sure how my stomach would take to it, even a laksa or fried foodS can make it feel unsettled. Tofu icecream is good though- taro or gojiberry....YUUUUM!

mark, what, no KFC?? I still like it but am succeeding at staying away with no bad influences to encourage me ;)

Zz... said...

Oh there are lots of crazy diets: the caveman diet the PX90(or something that sounds like that) diet...etc etc...

yeah Shan, that would be your spleen weakness I told you about.

maybe you should do the coconut milk and tofu stuff.

HappyOrganist said...

sprouted beans? at least it's not lentils ;)

Unknown said...

hmmm doesn't coconut make you poop lots?

HappyOrganist said...

OH! I have an answer!
Shannon. No - it doesn't. But, if you drink the water (?) inside - that can make for a good cleanse sometimes.

We tried that a year or two ago. My kids and I all had a bit of that water that's inside a fresh coconut - and we all had a nice 'cleanse.' Seriously though - didn't feel like an allergic reaction or anything like that. And the second time we had the same water (diff. coconut - but the quality was the same as far as I could tell) no 'cleansing' reaction. (since it was only a week out or so I figure my body didn't need any more cleaning - hence no reaction)
I think the whole thing is really cool. There are some really neat herbs and foods out there.
And we use coconut oil for cooking when we can. I like to put it in brownies (gosh - they're not the healthiest of treats and we don't make 'em often nowadays - but when I do - I stick some coconut oil in there to try to make 'em a little more useful).

koala brains said...

Me, too, on the chocolate. I like 70% or higher. It's yum to nibble on with candied ginger. I'm not giving it up. It gives me too much pleasure. I don't eat the entire bar in a day. It lasts about 5 days. What is your fave brand?