Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I gotta admit I do get my kicks from a bit of (subtle) Subversion...

I was buying herbs today and the girly girl who serves me that I regularly chat to each week has been on my case about boyfriends for about the past 3.

This is probably why for the past 3 I have subconsciously entered the shop in ultra tomboy mode- jeans, sneakers, a hoodie or polar fleece top, and incredibly unkempt hair(well I really do need a haircut desperately but just haven't had time to get around to getting one).

She commented "you spend a lot on herbs"...and I replied, "yeah food, herbs and occasionally cds- that is where ALL my money goes..."

She pinched up my polar fleece between her fingers and said "you don't spend on clothes?"

To which I replied, (kicking up a sneaker to show her), "No, I'm not a Girl!"

Then she fingered my earrings and said "but you have pierced ears?"

To which I replied, "yeah that's only cos when I was a kid and on a visit to asia my sister kicked up a stink to get hers done and my mum made me as well cos it was cheap as a deal".

"oh".

Finally she gave me some advice: "you know if you bought some clothes and dress more like a girl and a little bit of makeup, you could get a boyfriend."

To which I replied "No thanks, I'm here just to study and then I'm outta here! I don't want to get tied down"...to which she looked completely discombobulated...even though I'm pretty sure I told her that last week AND the week before! LOL.

It is so interesting how completely on another planet the typical female lives to me and how in certain cultures and societies gender stereotypes are so entrenched...in any case, although I've always been on the lazy, disinterested can't be stuffed side in respect to aesthetic presentation beyond practical functional decency, I can't say I don't get a bit of cheeky satisfaction being a little subversive on purpose when presented with these super girly girls who are so discomforted by my lack of care and concern factor.

Apart from that, it's been a pretty interesting week with some interesting revelations and crazy ideas...

One of the interesting discussions this week was why females typically dislike me and always will be the ones, if anybody, to screw me over in some way. The conclusion apart from the obvious "cannot relate/lack of shared interests" perspective and that women can be BITCHES, is that women are typically incredibly insecure and lack self-esteem so they don't particularly like females who are confident and comfortable in their own non cosmetically enhanced skin...anyway I'm glad to finally really understand that it has nothing to do with me personally...and everything to do with other people's insecurities.

I'm still in "blah" retrograde mode- which was fun cos one of my psychic friends picked up on this and sent me a nice msg and I must have received her good vibes cos I was feeling a whole lot better today...although still retrograde...also got the exam back that I was feeling incredibly uncomfortable about...what a freaking surprise...I actually topped it!!! It is so strange - for the last year or so it seems all the exams I felt really bad about I ended up doing really well in and all the ones I felt good about I ended up doing mediocre for me.

7 comments:

HappyOrganist said...

very interesting (re: exams). love that conversation with your neighborhood salesperson. very fun. you just have fun with that :)

And you know. You may not like some women, but you definitely do not have a problem across the board (you know that I'm sure). It's clear to see in your writing. I mean here you just complained about one female and complimented (felt blessed by) another. So there you go.
make-up is overrated. And there are PLenty of ladies who don't even go there.
great post. are you really clearing out of Australia once you're done with school? I thought you loved it there (minus everyone leaving)

Zz... said...

oh she is a complete anomaly- cool women in real life are very very rare- this one and I we just clicked immediately- she is fire yin and I am fire yang...go figure...the other only girl I clicked with instantly was also fire yin...she was also psychic too- what are the odds of that happening? LOL So I consider myself pretty blessed to have met these two this year- statistically they just defy probability...I think they are even both rats which fits into my chinese zodiac harmonious triad...so bizarre, but I am used to astounding coincidences like this in my life...my life sure has always been much stranger than the average...oh I love Oz I am just leaving the city - it's just working out the logistics...it is much easier now that I have a definite goal in mind...I think cos of this I may can my plans to round the world...just cos I don't think anyone will care whether I can say "I trained in Asia" if I'm going somewhere that remote...and I don't think I appreciate flying...maybe later...but I doubt the place I am headed to I will ever really want to leave- I think it will be like one big long holiday- paradise!

Zz... said...

and not only that I kept seeing specific (angel numbers the last 2 weeks or so...I finally worked it out today- it's pretty cool!)

HappyOrganist said...

you are so weird ;-P

Unknown said...

Just say you're a lesbian and shut her up

Why do people even think it is any of their business. It's like when people ask me when Im having kids...RUDE. Thats when I tell them I have no ovaries or uterus or something. They deserve the discomfort

Zz... said...

H.O if I wasn't weird I doubt you'd even want to know me ;)

Shan...haha!haha I can just imagine the sympathetic looks you get when you say that... I actually do know a lesbian who actually lies about it cos it wouldn't be socially acceptable so she has to make up a whole other fictional profile...it's kinda sad that people feel they have to lie...cos it is easier rather than having to explain, justify and defend that there is anything wrong with you...

but yeah I didn't do the extreme subversion cos that's just gonna be gossip fodder that spreads like wildfire...you know women...

HappyOrganist said...

don't sell yourself short, MsC ;)