Friday, January 7, 2011

A Clarification

At this unseemly hour I just wanted to make an earnest clarification on my thoughts re "religion". I really don't care for it...I don't really care for the rites or rituals on an ordinary basis I guess it is too steeped in tradition and too often insincere or meaningless for this liberated hippie boho.

I do however, by contrast love FAITH, and people filled with the Holy Spirit and the love and grace, peace and joy, courage and confidence they exude when they are truly connected.

And also although I have my Truth, I have respect and tolerance for people of all beliefs and value the right to individual preferences!!! Not only that, I am receptive to and appreciative of all places that contain high spiritual energy no matter what religious influence they may be affliated with.

Just wanted to vent that off my chest!

3 comments:

JJ said...

Well said. I wonder who it was aimed at, if at all.

But why have you lost your Aussie accent and started writing like a regular person?

Zz... said...

what do you mean by
"regular"-snooty, formal, queen english? LOL, was always capable...just enjoy being a bag of surprises just for special people like you :) hehe

Unknown said...

I hate religion but respect people who have faith too, as long as they dont try and cram it down other people's throats.
Same with any belief system actually.
What is hard is that so many people feel that their truth needs to be everyone elses too