Monday, December 8, 2008

Lessons Learnt: Part 2...

No surprising revelation here...Z is a sucker for artists!

The other day my brain just completely went AWOL and Stranger Danger Rule 101 which you get taught in Kindergarten... well it just didn't even kick in...until the very last possible moment...so I got suckered into some random stranger's car who I only just met (well to be fair he was a painter and a carver of stone and wood and shared my Bohemian interests ;) so you can see why I was so caught off guard...)

Anyhow when the car pulled out of the driveway and I saw the road which was in the middle of nowhere leading to what seemed like nowhere which recalled the 5 mens very worried faces that farewelled me it kicked in what a not very clever situation I was in so I got out (and am very thankful that I did in hindsight).

I think I was being overly open-minded and idealistic/think the best of people and I tend to resonate with the underdog so probably didn't exercise enough discretion...everyone else was thoroughly convinced that this artist, like most artists was a little...mad...okay, a raving lunatic...I guess I am also very sympathetic to weirdos...

Anyway glad that my Dumb Assness was caught in the nick of time...will be more cautious in the future...

4 comments:

Dina Roberts said...

I'm glad you survived!!!!

It's nice to have you back.

Unknown said...

Dont worry. As a sculpter he probably only had massive chisels in his car, and the odd piece of piano wire...strictly for cutting clay of course!

Zz... said...

D, Oh I'm still stuck on the island all right, I just have access to wireless right now cos my room mate has a laptop the size of a book...and I'm in "transit" again...many more regional places to go...

S, yeah and he was playing TOOL when I got in too...anyway, I worked it out...it was the astrology...ie irrationality is justified...

koala brains said...

Yikes! I'm glad you got out of a bad situation safely.